[html5] explorer vs firefox layer display

Adam Shannon ashannon1000 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 17:42:01 PDT 2010

Classically, Internet Explorer and Firefox have displayed pages in
different ways.  I think that dreamweaver uses inline styles (e.g. <p
style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:1.25em;">), if however it's
using separate CSS files (you will see a <link rel="stylesheet" ...
href="path/to/css/style.css" />) you would be able to use different
CSS files for both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

If you're able to check and see what type of styling is being used
then it will be easier to fix.  If you're not able to feel free to
upload a sample page and I (or others) can help you get it sorted out.
 (Hand-writing HTML will teach you more than Dreamweaver can.)

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 19:28, valerie.faro <valerie.faro at telstra.com> wrote:
> I'm new at web development and have, til now, always used explorer.
>
> II created my pages using photoshop; the I used dreamweaver to link pages
> and to create a new layer for forms (Contact & News)
> and also to display my swf slideshow. Thats 3 pages each with one additional
> layer.
>
> It looks great in explorer but firefox displays them skewed.  Maybe I need
> to change my HTML to relative positioning.
> Does anyone know of one simply HTML solution that will work for both
> browsers?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help
>
> Val

Adam Shannon