[html5] Body copy

Aaron Bassett me at aaronbassett.com
Fri Jun 4 03:29:09 PDT 2010

> Basically, yes. You can use a series of <article>s if that's appropriate,
> wrap all the "main content" in a <div> if you need to style it, or simply
> have it as a descendent of the <body>

But if an article is not appropriate a section might be.
I remember some bloke once saying something about a section being a

>  blob of content that you could store as an individual record in a database.
 -- http://html5doctor.com/the-section-element/

If I'm understanding it correctly the section element should be used
for content which is not to be syndicated (article would be better in
that case) but which still has a natural heading.

Something like the content for a "mission statement" page?

It has a natural header, does not fit within the definition of an
article, but is still a single blob of content which functions pretty
well stand-alone.

cheers

Aaron

--