[html5] WOFF Fonts outlined at small sizes

Tom Fulcher penny.lane.mini at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 18:45:36 PST 2012

Hi All, I've found a funny situation with the bulk of the icons I've
tested.. browsers using the woff format (best seen in ff) will show an
outlined version of icons if the font size is below a certain amount of ems
but all other browsers work fine. I increase the font size and they then
become coloured.. see here for an example..
http://hashbang.envoyat.com/testpage.html - this will use svg in most
browsers but woff in firefox which will result in outlined icons if you
display the same page without svg icons in any browser:
http://hashbang.envoyat.com/testpage-no-svg.html

you'll notice icon number 4 is outlined until it reaches a certain font
size.

notice the build and iterate icon.. bump up the font size in firebug to
4.3em and it is fully coloured again?

Just wondering if anyone had a way around this as I need them at the
smaller size!