[html5] Using <section> and <h1> … Theoretical?

Lewis Dexter Litanzios / ldexterldesign mail at ldexterldesign.co.uk
Sun Jun 1 08:33:54 PDT 2014

Hey Ian,

Your suggestion makes writing _portable_ mark-up difficult, which I
thought we were moving away from with the introduction of sectioning elems?

For example I could create the following mark-up in one section of my
website and use it on another page, where the heading may need to be a
h2 instead of a h1:

    <section>
    <h1>Heading</h1>
    Minus, tempore, dolorum, beatae a repudiandae obcaecati officia
    placeat ab iusto vero nobis eveniet distinctio dolor totam laborum
    recusandae dolore repellat eos.</p>
    </section>

... rather than simply using h1 site wide and knowing where ever I
include it - providing it's sectioned - my mark-up snippet will nest
nicely into a sensible document outline, I now have to worry about
heading details :/

Where can I reference browser support for outline algorithm - I did
think it came with the html5 doctype?!

Thanks,

--
ldexterldesign