[html5] omit credentials flag

Simon Pieters simonp at opera.com
Tue Sep 15 07:06:40 PDT 2015

On Mon, 07 Sep 2015 20:38:01 +0200, Schalk Neethling
<sneethling at mozilla.com> wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> I am studying the HTML, CSS and JS specs and I ran into this interesting
> attribute of the video element that I am trying to understand. The
> attribute in question is the crossorigin attribute.
>
> So, the value of this is stated to be a CORS settings attribute. Looking
> at
> the definition for the latter it states that it can be one of two values
> anonymous or use-credentials which in turn sets, or does not set, the
> omit
> credentials flag.
>
> What exactly does the omit credentials flag mean and, do I understand
> correctly that you can restrict access to the video element from CORS
> requests but setting the crossorigin attribute to use-credentials?
>
> Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

FTR, this topic has been discussed a bit in IRC:

http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20150908#l-167
http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20150909#l-338
http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20150914#l-433

Feel free to ask more questions (here or IRC) if something is still
unclear. :-)

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software