[Imps] html5lib patch to use unittest

James Graham jg307 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Dec 11 06:45:06 PST 2006

Sam Ruby wrote:
> If you check, you will see that I kept the "single function that generates
> multiple tests using yield"... the tests themselves don't have to be in a
> class which subclasses off of UnitTest, instead they are grafted on later.

Sure. I just meant that it's non trivial to write tests in this way such that
they are both valid nose tests and valid UnitTest tsts.

> Since you asked, my first preference is to avoid dependencies which are not
> in the standard library.  My second preference is to avoid dependencies which
>  are not available via apt-get in Ubuntu.  The latter brings in json, but
> does not bring in nose.
 >
> The fact that it is Ubuntu isn't important, it merely
> is an indirect measure of how common or standard a given module is.  My
> experience is that the more non-standard and non-common you go, the smaller
> the development community will be, and the more fragile the module itself
> will be.

OK, that sounds like a compelling enough argument. I've checked in the patch.
Thanks again.

Somewhat related; I've created a wiki page at
http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Parser_tests documenting the test format we are using.