[Imps] i18n message discussion

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Mon Jan 15 02:17:04 PST 2007

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 09:39:26 +0100, Sam Ruby <rubys at intertwingly.net>
wrote:
> Typical error in html5lib:
>
>    self.parser.parseError(_("Unexpected end of file. Expected end "
>      u"tag (" + self.tree.openElements[1].name + u") first."))
>
> Typical error in feedvalidator:
>
>    self.log(UndefinedNamedEntity({'value':name}))

I agree the latter is a lot better. It's not entirely clear how to do this
though. Everytime you emit a parse error per the specification it's quite
different and currently we have the ability to make the error messages as
accurate as possible for every situation. I'd be happy with a more
concrete proposal on how to do this though.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>