[Imps] liberal XML and implied end tags

Sam Ruby rubys at intertwingly.net
Sun Mar 11 19:54:57 PDT 2007

Inside src/liberalxmlparser.py, I see:

>              if node.name == name:
>                  #XXX Something is wrong here... The next (commented) line is
>                  #html-only
>                  #self.tree.generateImpliedEndTags()

Problem #1: if I uncomment out that line, no tests fail.  What's up with
that?  If I need to make a fix that involves restoring that line, how
will I know what that breaks?

Problem #2: the functionality that was supposed to be enabled by that
logic can be expressed by the following addition to BasicXmlTest:

>     def test_mismatch(self):

Unfortunately, that test doesn't pass, with or without the line in
question; my first inclination is to restore the commented out line and
then debug why it doesn't work, but I'm reluctant to do so without an
understanding of what problem was solved by commenting out the line in
the first place.

- Sam Ruby