[Imps] HTML5 serializer for Kid

Thomas Broyer t.broyer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 06:30:21 PDT 2007

2007/3/26, Jeff Cutsinger:

> In light of
> <http://tomayko.com/articles/2006/11/11/xml-templating-in-python-evolves>,
> where does Genshi fit into your plans? I recently switched my current
> project over.

I'm wondering whether I'll use Kid or Genshi myself*, so I'll probably
contribute an HTML5Serializer to Genshi too…

* hey, Kid is not dead! for example, version 0.9.5 has that "better
error reporting" issue fixed!
…but with Genshi I'd be able to plug-in an "HTML5 Template Language"
far more easily than with Kid (though Kid will have an HTML parser too
–based on Python's HTMLParser–, as announced by David Stanek
mid-december <http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=37714396>,
which means refactored parsers so probably pluggable ones; I'm waiting
for updates to <http://www.kid-templating.org/trac/browser/branches/parser-refactoring>)

--
Thomas Broyer