[imps] Problem with the tree-construction test cases and implied body

Thomas Broyer t.broyer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 01:41:41 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm having small problems with the tree-construction test cases: it
seems the expected parse errors are erroneous in some cases. Namely,
in the fifth and seventh test from test1.dat ("<head>" and
"<html><head>"), shouldn't there be a second parse error raised while
processing the EOF token (in the "main" phase) due to the stack of
open elements having two elements with second not being "body"?

I'm hacking the EOF processing in Twintsam to always generate a head
and body (the "Big issue" in the current draft); I now have the
correct output but I generate 2 parse errors (missing doctype and
unexpected EOF in head) while the tests expect just one (missing
doctype).

I'd say the tests (and html5lib) are wrong but maybe someone could
enlighten me? or should we just ignore such errors until the "big
issue" is solved?

--
Thomas Broyer