[imps] Tree construction test in undocumented format

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Fri Apr 4 09:07:46 PDT 2008

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 17:58:50 +0200, James Graham <jg307 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> <!DOCTYPE %name> if there is neither a system id or a public ID
>
> <!DOCTYPE %name PUBLIC "%public_id" "%system_id"> otherwise
>
> This may not be the most sane format ever.

Here is my proposal:

no public or system ID:  <!DOCTYPE %name>
public ID, no system ID: <!DOCTYPE %name "%public_id" >
no public ID, system ID: <!DOCTYPE %name  "%system_id">
public and system ID:    <!DOCTYPE %name "%public_id" "%system_id">

(We need to cover all these cases as either the public ID or system ID can
be null ("missing").)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>