[imps] </form> in "in body" insertion mode (8.2.5)

Simon Pieters simonp at opera.com
Mon Jan 12 23:43:54 PST 2009

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 18:15:55 +0100, Kartikaya Gupta
<lists.whatwg at stakface.com> wrote:

> When receiving a </form> in the "in body" insertion mode, the spec says
> (step 3) to "Remove node from the stack of open elements". My assumption
> was that this removes the form element, but leaves anything above the
> form element still on the stack. The validator.nu parser
> (htmlparser-1.1.1.jar) however pops everything off until it reaches the
> form element. Is this a bug in the spec/bug in the reference
> parser/something that changed recently? I couldn't find it in the known
> bug list of the validator.nu parser, and my search through the HTML5
> tracker history also didn't turn up much.

It's intentional in the spec. It's needed for Web compat.

http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=2504&to=2505

http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2008-November/017043.html

(Currently we're having problems with

which appears on e.g.

    http://www.genotec.ch/

which Opera currently renders more like Validator.nu.)

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software