[imps] Tree construction question

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Fri Feb 5 14:22:16 PST 2010

On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 23:03:02 +0100, Rob Jellinghaus
<rjelling at microsoft.com> wrote:
> Is this known?  Already planned to be fixed?  Or is this a known bug
> that will ship?
>
> My apologies if this example has already been discussed; pointers on
> finding that earlier discussion will help me learn to fish.

The idea of the parsing algorithm is not that any input yields a valid
output. It just gives back a tree. Whether that tree is conforming is
orthogonal. A simple example of this would be unknown elements not being
removed (or transformed).

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/