[whatwg] Incremental rendering of forms

Brian Wilson brian at opera.com
Sat Aug 7 18:22:14 PDT 2004

Hallvord then wrote:
> Disagree. It is very nice if you want the equivalent of severalforms in
> a table, say one table row for each form. Since FORMisn't allowed to
> appear mixed in with the table markup, the"form" attribute is a
> reasonable solution.

Document order is not necessarily visual flow or user-logical order.
Consider: one form per table column, instead of per table row as
mentioned above. HTML tables are row-centric, not column centric.
Since we are not altering table behavior in any way with web
forms 2, then allowing fields to dis-associate from form containers
seems vital for a case like this.

While we might want to open up some element's content models,
it wouldn't solve all use cases.

-Brian

--
Brian Wilson