[whatwg] Re: media types

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 03:24:34 PDT 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:30:41 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Jim Ley wrote:
> > "web apps is defined"  but web apps is an extremely early draft, seen
> > as this has been identified as a reasonable requirement, it would be
> > trivial at this early stage to change what web apps defines.
>
> In this particular case, Web Apps is merely reflecting interoperable
> implementation of the interaction of DOM Level 0 and the W3C DOM specs.

defaultView, multiple stylesheets etc. are not DOM 0 or at all
interopable, so I do not accept that Web apps  is at all reflecting
the current behaviour.

> > then that needs to be fixed, otherwise all event handing will break,
> > (the speech mode fires events and works on the default view of the
> > projection mode...)
>
> There's no difference in event bubbling in different views.

Nope, I realise you don't do much scripting, but one of the things you
normally do with events in layout environments, is retrieve the
element you get back, then check it's size, or position - to do that
you need the computed CSS values - so you need to be accessing the
defaultView, if you're not accessing the defaultView of the element
that fired the event, you can't do anything!

Jim.