[whatwg] several mail addresses in input type email?

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Thu Jul 1 09:18:52 PDT 2004

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Edmund Lai wrote:

> What I am talking is not about specific built-in type. What really
> counts is user derived type. Remember the original thread is that we
> have a email address type and then there is request for multiple email
> address type. If we adopt XML schema datatype, this is not a problem, we
> just do a derivation by list. Dervation by union can also be very
> useful. And you can use devied type in input type instead of repeating
> the same parameter over and over again in every input element of that
> type. This can be compared to how stylesheet make our life easier.

You originally said you were only suggesting we adopt XML Schema Part 2,
but what you describe above is all from XML Schema Part 1: complex types,
type declarations, etc.

XML Schema Part 1 is insanely complicated. I really don't think it is
appropriate to be exposing the average Web author to that kind of
language, markup, and requirements.