[whatwg] Canvas element - Keep It Simple

dolphinling dolphinling at myrealbox.com
Sat Apr 23 12:16:14 PDT 2005

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> Brad Neuberg wrote:
>
>> What do y'all think? Seems easy for implementors, and the underlying
>> rendering engine can still treat it as an image but one in which the
>> image data is generated by code, which should make it easier to put
>> together (I think ease of implementation and simplicity should
>> definently be a target of the WHAT-WG; we don't want to end up with a
>> DSSSL-like standard that takes forever to implement and work the kinks
>> out of).
>

> As there are already implementations and implementors are not likely to
> change it all back I don't think this is going to work,

There's one implementation, and one implementation in testing builds. It
would also be an easy change to make for those implementations (and they
could still keep support for the "old way" if they need).

> but if this
> somehow gets through then please choose the OBJECT element instead.

Does IE6 support gif/jpg/png in OBJECT? If not, allow it in both for
backwards compatablity. I agree, though, it should be focused on OBJECT.

--
dolphinling
<http://dolphinling.net/>