[whatwg] Stylesheet Links

liorean liorean at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 11:41:22 PST 2005

On 20/12/05, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au> wrote:
> I suspect that it would be based on IE5/Mac, just like MSN for Windows
> is based on IE6/Win.  It's simply  a different UI with features designed
> for MSN subscribers.

Yeah, it's based on Tasman. It's more improved over ie5m than ie6w was
over ie5.0w though. Also it identifies itself as ie6...

> > has no XML support (and thus no xml-stylesheet) but has XHTML
> > support when sent as application/xhtml+xml support.
> It's impossible for any browser to support XHTML if it doesn't support
> XML, since XHTML is an application of XML.  Therefore, your statement
> doesn't make sense.

I would argue that an XHTML engine may support just the XHTML DTDs
with XML equivalent treatment without having a full XML engine. Though
please don't ask me for a reason for going that way instead of having
a full XML engine...

My guess would be that the MSN/OSX browser just has an XHTML mode for
the tag soup parser and throws the application/xhtml+xml content type
to that.

On 20/12/05, Anne van Kesteren <fora at annevankesteren.nl> wrote:
> Or the implementation does not make sense ;-)

True...
--
David "liorean" Andersson
<uri:http://liorean.web-graphics.com/>