[whatwg] W3C's Rich Web Client Activity and Web Application W/G

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Mon Sep 26 23:29:12 PDT 2005

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Channy Yun wrote:

> At last W3C announced a charter of Web Application W/G and Rich Web
> Client Activity Proposal. [...]
>
> How about this action? I wonder whatwg's action to this activity.

I imagine that WHATWG contributors (probably including myself) will be
taking part in this work, in so far that it remains in line with our goals
(clean migration paths, backwards compatibility with deployed content and
UAs, forwards compatibility with future content and UAs, ease of authoring
and implementing, and so forth).

It is encouraging to note that the Web Apps WG's charter explicitly states
that the Web Apps WG will be trying to work closely with the WHATWG, so we
should look forwards to hearing from the Web Apps WG in this mailing list.

(Just out of interest, where did you see the announcement? It has been W3C
member-confidential for some time, but I did not know that the W3C had
publicly announced it and could not find any mention of it on their site.)