[whatwg] Update to the Adoption Agency Algorithm

Blake Kaplan mrbkap at mozilla.com
Thu Feb 2 17:38:15 PST 2006

David Hyatt wrote:
> BTW, we tried to add <span> as an inline that should be reopened (like
> of real-world Web sites).  <span> clearly does not always reopen in
> WinIE and Firefox, so for now we are having to leave it out.
It never reopens in Firefox currently (I'm not sure of the original
reasoning behind this), but I believe this is partially because a
significant number of web pages treat <span> as a true block, like
which means that reopening them will probably break those pages.
Unfortunately, it seems that <span> is a half-block (at least in Gecko)
with the worst behaviors of both worlds.

--
Blake Kaplan