[whatwg] getElementsByClassName()

Brad Fults bfults at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 23:48:20 PST 2006

I see this is still an open issue[1]. Is this now implemented as #1
(space-delimited class names to match)?

I suggest either going with the space-delimited approach (as it's
language-agnostic and well-defined at least) or with Aankhen's
suggestion of a single array argument.

I think the latter is better and more intuitive in design, however.
The function should take a single argument at all times.

If the argument is a string, that string is used as a single class
name and matched against the elements in the document.
Else if the argument is an array, each element of the array is taken
as a string and will be treated as a class name.
The elements which have all of the class names existing in the array
will match and be returned in the NodeList.

Thoughts?

[1] - http://whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#getelementsbyclassname

--
Brad Fults