[whatwg] <input type="text" accept="">

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Thu Jun 8 20:25:52 PDT 2006

Le 8 juin 2006 à 21:17, Ian Hickson a écrit :

> I don't see a better solution. I'm certainly open to better
> solutions if
> there are any.

What about <input class="spellcheck" />? It surely validates with
HTML4, and it doesn't get in the way of any other feature. It does
not really need to be part of the HTML spec either.

I know that according to the current spec, the class attribute should
carry no meaning whatsoever. But I ask the question: is this worse
than implying that spell checking should be enabled or disabled based
on a particular MIME type? The later could break spell checking when
introducing new text types, say "text/x-markdown", or "text/x-
mediawiki", for lightweight formatting syntaxes.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/