[whatwg] Table integrity and conformance

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at iki.fi
Thu Nov 9 11:11:07 PST 2006

On Nov 9, 2006, at 13:18, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> Not deployed yet.

The table integrity checker is now part of all (X)HTML presets at
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/validator/

There's a pseudo-schema called http://hsivonen.iki.fi/checkers/table/
which isn't a schema but a magic URL that causes the system to
instantiate the table integrity checker.

There's a pseudo-pseudo-schema called http://hsivonen.iki.fi/checkers/
all/ which expands to all pseudo-schemas, but at the moment, there's
only one.

This isn't necessarily "release often", but this is "release early".
I have very few test cases. If the checker doesn't work as previously
advertised in this thread, please let me know.

There are other new features, too:
  * The pipeline has an xml:id processor in it and a filter that
applies IDness to XHTML id. This allows custom Schematron schemas to
use the id() function without a DTD.
  * There's a very preliminary preview of support for the <embed>
element.

There are also a couple of bug fixes. The XHTML5 conformance checker
preview version shouldn't crash anymore.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/