[whatwg] De-emphasis

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Thu Feb 8 12:05:38 PST 2007

> On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> (I agree by the way that doing it through some level="" attribute is
>> silly.
>
> We already have nested elements for that purpose and similar structures.)
>
> Please elaborate on this. On www-html, you asked me to cover nesting,
> which I did (or thought I did) by introducing additions. I guess I
> misunderstood what you meant by nesting. So, what it is?

I don't believe in changing the way things have worked for a long time in
a drastic way for almost no benefit. It seems silly. It's not backwards
compatible, it's not intiutive, it requires way more typing and addresses
only a few theoretical use cases.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>