[whatwg] Definition list and tables: what's the difference ?

David Latapie david at empyree.org
Thu Feb 15 21:13:25 PST 2007

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 22:23:53 -0500, Matthew Raymond wrote:
> This whole thread is as silly as saying that we
> structure. Structure is important, but it's only half of the equation.

So you recognize the thread it NOT silly ;-)

Let me explain: A paragraph is supposed to encompass an idea, while a
div really is a block-level <span>. The first has semantics, the second
has none, so a <p> shall not be replace by a <div> -- contrary to a
definition list, where the relationship is the same -- not even
counting header, colgroup...

Accessorily, I believe there is a need for an equivalent of <dd> for
<dfn>. <dfn> marks a term to define, but what is the marker for its
definition?
--
</david_latapie>             U+0F00
http://blog.empyree.org/en (English)