[Whatwg] Request for HTML-only print link

Anthony Jawad ahj5 at cornell.edu
Fri Jul 27 20:35:45 PDT 2007

> This dependency should not be necessary for something like printing as it is basic
> functionality in most browsers (not sure about mobile devices though).

I think your concern about mobile devices emphasizes why this is probably a bad
idea: the fact that such a feature would make no sense for many sorts of user
agents suggests that it's very fundamentally beyond the scope of HTML.  I think
that printing is a clear example of invoking page/system behavior, which to me
seems like a job for client-side scripting.

Hopefully I'm not off-base here.

-- Anthony Jawad