[whatwg] Sandboxing ideas

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at iki.fi
Tue May 8 09:46:10 PDT 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 19:32, Dean Edwards wrote:

> Kind of like an <iframe> but without an external source.

My understanding is that main issue with iframe isn't the external
source but that the view port establishment.

I wonder if this issue could be solved on the layout/CSS level by
providing a way to make the height of an iframe depend on the actual
height of the root element of the document loaded in the iframe. That
is, would it be feasible to make the iframe contents have the layout/
UI feel of a part of the parent page while keeping the DOMs and
script security contexts separate?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi