[whatwg] Canvas path objects and path transformations

Jordan OSETE jordan.osete at laposte.net
Sat May 12 01:14:06 PDT 2007

Ian Hickson wrote :
[...]
> Based on the above, I've left the spec as is for now (it's what Opera
> implements); but I've contact the browser vendors about this and I'm
> looking into it as we speak. Check the spec for updates to this issue.

Thank you, i hope they will agree. :)

> On Sun, 15 Apr 2007, Stefan Haustein wrote:
>> Anyway, now that you mention it, we really need a way to retrieve the
>> current transform matrix. Like the current point, it is something that
>> already is in the browser's memory, so a function returning an array
>> would be enough.
>
> There's still no way to _get_ the transformation matrix, but you can not
> _set_ the transformation matrix now, which should be of help here.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Isn't it the purpose of the
setTransform method?
(http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#settransform, though
it doesn't seem implemented by UAs yet).
Like ~getLastPointOfPath, it's just allowing to read values that are
already in the UA's memory, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement.
I know applications can "emulate" it by overriding the other functions,
or keeping track of it by themself, but it means significantly more work
in this case.

Regards,
Jordan Osete