[whatwg] password option for window.prompt?

Kristof Zelechovski giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl
Tue May 22 00:47:12 PDT 2007

And besides, the bookmarklet uses the javascript protocol, which, IIRC, is
designed to produce a new document on the fly, not to modify the current
one.  I do not think that a bookmarklet should be permitted to access the
document that is being displayed in the browser.  You can say "javascript:
"javascript: document.location.href = "something"" because there
is no document to modify the location of.
It should really be a browser extension, not a bookmarklet.  And there
should no problem with presenting a password dialogue box from a browser
extension.  It is nice of Mr. Udell to share his opinions with the working
group; it would be even nicer if he paid attention to what already is there
in the specification.
Best regards
Chris