[whatwg] password option for window.prompt?

Michael A. Puls II shadow2531 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 14:10:38 PDT 2007

On 5/22/07, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:

> On May 22, 2007, at 12:16 PM, Kristof Zelechovski wrote:
>
> > Forgive my being nosy: which uses?
> > a href="javascript:." is valid but it replaces the current document
> > with a
> > document parsed from the textual representation of the value
> > returned from
> > the script.
>
> If the javascript: URI returns the undefined value (such as by using
> the void operator or by calling a method with no return type), then
> the target document is not replaced, but the side effect still occurs.

Yeh, I just do it like this for example:
javascript:(function(){document.body.style.backgroundColor="#f00";})()

Or, properly-encoded as
javascript:(function()%7Bdocument.body.style.backgroundColor%3D%22%23f00%22%3B%7D)()

I use JS URIs all the time in the address field and with bookmarklets.
However, I seldom use them in the page as that can be handled with
events.

--
Michael