[whatwg] Feed autodiscovery draft may be resurrected

James M Snell jasnell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 10:48:18 PST 2007

Just as an example, Windows Live Writer uses the service link to
discover the location of the Atompub service document; which it then
uses to configure itself to interact with one or more Atompub collections.

For instance, in IBM's internal blogging environment, any employee can
have one or more blogs.  When they use WLW, rather than manually
configuring the client for each individual blog, they can simply point
WLW to what we call the "dashboard" at http://blogs.tap.ibm.com/weblogs.
 WLW will get that page, look for the service link, get the service
document, and automatically pull out the blogs that user can edit.

- James