[whatwg] lang versus xml:lang

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue Oct 30 14:16:55 PDT 2007

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, Simon Pieters wrote:

> If lang="" in text/html will still be in the null namespace, then I
> agree.

I hesitate to do this for the same reason we don't have <base href> in
HTML -- it is stomping on XML-native mechanisms for the same thing. I'd
rather not have people who use XHTML stomping all over the XML-native
solutions; it sets a bad precedent and defeats many of the advantages of
XML in the first place.