[whatwg] RDFa statement consistency

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Fri Aug 29 08:41:12 PDT 2008

Henri Sivonen wrote:

> I like the GRDDL approach of seeing RDF there by looking at non-RDF
> things just right--with the modification that the person who wants to
> look just right is the one supplying the transform.

There's a really simple algorithm for deciding whether to introduce a
feature, tag, or datum that RDF folks want. Pretend you've never heard
of RDF, OWL, or the Semantic Web. Eliminate all arguments in favor that
reference RDF, OWL, or the Semantic Web. Then ask, "Does the addition
still make sense?" If so, add it, If not, leave it out.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Refactoring HTML Just Published!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0321503635/ref=nosim/cafeaulaitA