[whatwg] Usemap and ismap for canvas tag

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 00:31:30 PST 2008

On 05/03/2008, Greg Houston <gregory.houston at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I really didn't mean to shift the emphasis to SVG at all. I don't
>  think anyone is going to try "running a Gaussian blur of a
> dynamically generated mouse-driven turbulence displacement of a bitmap
> [via] JavaScript on a canvas image."

*cough* I think history demonstrates that people will try to do
anything they possibly can if the results promise to be cool enough
eventually. If something can be done at all with promising results on
the highest-end available PC, it would be safe enough to assume it
will be common a couple of years later.

Fortunately, Hixie is highly aware of the history of the benighted X11
Image extension - which to implement properly would have required the
equivalent of an embedded copy of ImageMagick :-)

- d.