[whatwg] Preventing nested click() calls

Antti Koivisto antti at apple.com
Fri Mar 14 12:08:36 PDT 2008

In practice all browsers already treat click() as a special case.
Removing the nesting protection completely (and relying on js stack
limits) would break web sites so it is not an option. The only
question is whether the limit should be 1 or some other number.
Matching the existing implementations and disallowing nesting seems
like a right thing to do here.

    antti