[whatwg] Legal colspan values

Michael Enright michael.enright at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 13:18:13 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Christoph Päper
<christoph.paeper at crissov.de> wrote:
>  > elements</h4>
>  >
>  > +  attribute specified, whose value must be a <span>valid non-negative
>  > +  integer</span> greater than zero.
>
>  Isn't that the description of a valid positive integer? If that term
>  is not used or defined yet, why not?

The mathematical definitions of positive and negative integers exclude
zero, but the less-expert reader might not realize that zero is not
valid for colspan unless it is made explicit. "integer greater than
zero" would be one way to say it. Otherwise "positive non-zero
integer"?

March 14th was "Talk like a physicist day." Is there a connection? I doubt it.