[whatwg] Absent rev?

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 05:03:29 PST 2008

Hello Philip

Philip Taylor wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Martin McEvoy <martin at weborganics.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> http://code.google.com/webstats/2005-12/linkrels.html
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> If you have a more up to date study on link relationships, please can I have
>> a link?
>>

> http://philip.html5.org/data/link-rel-rev.txt has some more recent
> data, from a different set of pages (and so with different biases,
> e.g. there's lots of Wikipedia and IMDB pages using
> rel="apple-touch-icon"), with less processing (no case-insensitivity
> or token-splitting).

Thank you Philip that is the most useful set of data I have seen for a
long time

It basically says that the whole premise that HTML5 should drop *rev*
(a) because authors use it wrong, (b)  Many authors use rev-stylesheet
wrong,  is a MYTH and an inaccurate assessment of  the *rev* attribute

Out of the 127249 pages studied, only  0.09% actually use rev="stylesheet"

Great stuff Thanks!

--
Martin McEvoy

http://weborganics.co.uk/