[whatwg] Worker feedback

timeless timeless at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 20:57:39 PDT 2009

FWIW, iirc multiple processes from IE dates to at least IE4

The best url I can find on the subject atm is
<http://aroundcny.com/technofile/texts/bit092098.html>.

Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org> wrote:
> Why can't instances of a plugin in different browser contexts be hosted
> in separate processes?

Michael Nordman <michaeln at google.com> wrote:
> It would be expensive, and i think has this would have some correctness
> issues too depending on the plugin. Some plugins depend on instances knowing
> about each other and interoperating with each other out of band of DOM based
> means doing so.

Michael Nordman <michaeln at google.com> wrote:
> And others probably assume they have exclusive access to mutable plugin
> resources on disk.

This seems unlikely. I can run Firefox, Safari, Chrome, IE, Opera, and
others browsers at the same time, heck I can run multiple profiles of
a couple of these (I can't find the option in the current version of
Chrome, but I used it before).