[whatwg] Remove addCueRange/removeCueRanges

Philip Jägenstedt philipj at opera.com
Thu Aug 13 01:31:18 PDT 2009

Hi,

We would like to request that addCueRange/removeCueRanges be dropped from
the spec before going into Last Call. We are not satisfied with it and
want to see it replaced with a solution that includes (scriptless) timed
text (a.k.a captions/subtitles). I don't think that this will be finished
in time for Last Call however, because we need implementor experience to
write a good spec. However, we have no intention of implementing both cue
ranges and its replacement, so it is better if the spec doesn't provide
any solution for now.

I have been briefly in contact with other browser vendors and while I
cannot speak for them here, I hope those that agree will chime in if
necessary.

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Opera Software