[whatwg] Proposal for local-storage file management

Linus Upson linus at google.com
Thu Aug 27 13:46:58 PDT 2009

I like this proposal. It was what I had in mind with <input type="open"> and
<input type="save">. The only small change I'd make is that the page can
only maintain a reference to the file for the life of that page. After that,
the user needs to click open again. The open and save dialogs may remember
recent files to make it easy for the user.

Linus