[whatwg] RDFa is to structured data, like canvas is to bitmap and SVG is to vector

Robert Sayre sayrer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 20:48:25 PST 2009

RDFa should sink or swim on its own merits, and if RDFa requires
drastic changes to HTML, it is probably broken. Let the compelling
benefits of RDFa pave the way to implementations, and then standardize
based on experience with those.

RDFa should not be blessed by HTML, and the HTML spec should adopt a
similar stance to all new features. For example, I would be very
surprised to see Web Sockets fail on its own, since the benefits seem
clear. But I could be wrong, and it should face a survival test.

--

Robert Sayre