[whatwg] <input type=tel> validation, and a small set of typos

Peter Kasting pkasting at google.com
Mon Jul 20 13:09:11 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Nils Dagsson Moskopp <
nils-dagsson-moskopp at dieweltistgarnichtso.net> wrote:

> What's with alphanumeric notation ? I think of 555-WHATWG as a possibly
> valid telephone "number". It might be good to have an RFC on that. Or
> maybe ITU has publicly available documents on numbering plans ?

Yeah, I thought of that kind of thing (but didn't mention it).  If we don't
want to disallow users from doing things like this, there probably isn't a
simple enough validation algorithm we can use.  It might be nice to mention
in the spec why type=tel is not validated the way email and url are, at that
point.

PK