[whatwg] AppCache can't serve different contents for different users at the same URL

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Wed Jul 22 09:46:39 PDT 2009

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 18:10:52 +0200, Drew Wilson <atwilson at google.com> wrote:
> Not sure what you are suggesting, Anne - it sounds like they want to tie
> the AppCache to a specific cookie/value combination, which I don't believe is
> supported by the current spec.

Well, as far as I can tell cookies are part of the request to the manifest file so you could serve up a different one from the server based on cookie data.

Is the problem supporting multiple users completely client-side? I can see how that might not work very well.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/