[whatwg] "Encoding declaration state" I hate the wording.

Darxus at ChaosReigns.com Darxus at ChaosReigns.com
Wed Jul 22 17:35:00 PDT 2009

This took me a while to figure out.  Please change:

  4.2.5 The meta element

  Metadata content.

  Contexts in which this element may be used:

  If the charset attribute is present, or if the element is in the Encoding
  declaration state: in a head element.

  If the http-equiv attribute is present, and the element is not in the
  Encoding declaration state: in a head element.

  If the http-equiv attribute is present, and the element is not in the
  Encoding declaration state: in a noscript element that is a child of a head
  element.

  4.2.5 The meta element

  Metadata content.

  Contexts in which this element may be used:

  If the charset attribute is present, or if the http-equiv attribute is
  present with a value of content-type: in a head element.

  If the http-equiv attribute is present, and the http-equiv attribute is
  present with a value that is not content-type: in a head element.

  If the http-equiv attribute is present, and the http-equiv attribute is
  present with a value that is not content-type: in a noscript element that
  is a child of a head element.

And similar with 4.2.5.3.

--
"Force, my friends, is violence; the supreme authority
from which all other authority is derived."