[whatwg] "Content-Disposition" property for <a> tags

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Wed Aug 25 12:09:32 PDT 2010

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010, Eduard Pascual wrote:

> Let me complement the proposal with a use case:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3358209/triggering-a-file-download-without-any-server-request

This seems like a fine idea. I would recommend registering a new "rel"
type (marked as a "Hyperlink Annotation") and trying to get browsers to
implement it:

http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/FAQ#Is_there_a_process_for_adding_new_features_to_a_specification.3F
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/complete/links.html#other-link-types