[whatwg] Lists and legal documents

Markus Ernst derernst at gmx.ch
Sat Feb 6 10:17:19 PST 2010

Tab Atkins Jr. schrieb:
> On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 4:31 AM, Markus Ernst <derernst at gmx.ch> wrote:
>>
>> o ...
>
> Simply putting the checkbox as the first content in the <li> works
> well for me there.  You can then suppress the list-style or not.

No, as multiline label text will render as:

o ...

A (I think) simple task, as rendering a radio button and label as

o ...

is a hard task to achieve (as any kind of styling that is done with a
combination of indents and tabulators in layout programs).

I admit that this is a styling issue (and already tried to post this to
the CSS group months ago, but found that this group does not accept gmx
mail addresses), mainly due to the lack of tabulators in HTML and CSS.
But it is in the same category as the problem Anne posted: A list-style
appearance with the list item being part of the content. If there were
tabulators, they would be used in Anne's use case, and there were no
problem.