[whatwg] My proposal of a subtitle format via an XML-like markup (in progress)

Charles McCathieNevile chaals at opera.com
Thu Jul 1 02:19:05 PDT 2010

On Sun, 30 May 2010 20:56:44 +0200, Carlos Andrés Solís
<csolisr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been thinking on using an XML-like markup as a format to implement
> subtitles. [...]

Hi Carlos,

there is a lot of work in this area happening in the W3C HTML
accessibility task force, including many people who appear from time to
time on this list and are responsible for implementing this stuff. I
recommend you take a look there -
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Requirements#Captioning

cheers

Chaals