[whatwg] RFC: <input type="username">

Schalk Neethling schalk at ossreleasefeed.com
Wed May 5 14:06:47 PDT 2010

The way I see it is that instead of browsers traversing the DOM looking for
an input field of either id=username or name=username or even
class=username, they now only have to look for an input of type username.
Makes it a lot easier for both developers and browser vendors as they now
only have to look for an input of type username and gives developers the
freedom to use any name, id or class.

Kind Regards,
Schalk