[whatwg] Need document.available_fonts() call

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Tue May 11 07:08:01 PDT 2010

On 5/11/10 9:39 AM, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
> Is there really much of a need for this though?

Good question.  What _is_ the use case here, exactly?

> The only argument I've seen is that various fonts are obviously
> different sizes, and so falling back to a different font might look best
> if the font-size also changed with it.

Sure, and CSS has provisions for this.  See
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-fonts/#relative-sizing-the-font-size-adjust-pro (also
present in CSS2; removed from CSS2.1 due to poor UA support as far as I
can tell, but the right solution to this problem).

-Boris