[whatwg] default audio upload format (was Fwd: The Media Capture API Working Draft)

David Singer singer at apple.com
Wed Sep 1 12:34:43 PDT 2010

seems like a comma-separated list is the right way to go, and that audio/* should mean what it says -- any kind of audio (whether that is useful or not remains to be seen).

I would suggest that this is likely to be used for short captures, and that uncompressed (such as a WAV file or AVI with PCM or u-law audio) should be the recommended format.

If your usage is for longer captures or more specific situations, then indicate a suitable codec.

Shouldn't there be statements about channels (mono, stereo, more), sampling rate (8 kHz speech, 16 kHz wideband speech, 44.1 CD-quality, 96 kHz bat-quality) and so on?

David Singer